Monday, May 9, 2011

Flora & Fauna

Testing the waters

Canon EOS REBEL T2i

Duck Pond

f/6.3

1/1600

This was taken on an overcast day at the duck pond. This one is probably my favorite photo of the three. I raised the levels a touch on it but thats pretty much how it looked when I took the shot. I was using a 100-300mm off brand lens because the birds are a little skiddish. I kept the shutter speed at 1/1600 because they tend to move a lot.


Bud

Canon EOS REBEL T2i

Duck Pond

f/5

1/1600

This shot I took of one of the trees at the same pond where the buds are just starting to come in. For this shot I switched to my stock lens so I could get nice and close to it and add some boca around the buds. I decided not to do anything with this shot so this is straight from the card to the blog.


Munchies

Canon EOS REBEL T2i

Duck Pond

f/5.6

1/2000

After awhile I decided to try and get some action shots. This I shot through the trees with my longer lens (you can see the blur from the close tree limbs). I once again just raised the levels a little and thats all the post work that was done for this guy. Used a fast shutter speed to get crisp action.

2 comments:

  1. I really love the shallow depth of field on the bud picture. I also like the vibrance of your adjustment layer pictures. Awesome shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris-This week you had some great shots, I can see that you took advantage of the duck pound… Your first photo of the male duck it’s really great. I like how it’s almost a portrait shot. The edits you did were great as well, I liked how you created more contrast on the ducks head and brightened up the area around the head of the duck, it really made it a great focal point in the picture. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete